Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fulfilling of Prophesy

Kim! This is perfect! Just the kind of thoughts I'm looking for. I'm going to print those quotes up and put them on my fridge. I do NOT think it is a coincidence that we are all feeling the pressure of food storage right now. My whole marriage I've tried to keep up a food storage, but I've never felt the inspiration so strong as I do now. The last issue of the Ensign was wonderful with the words of inspiration about the 10 Virgins. It is amazing how if we are LOOKING for signs of the times they are all around us. I wonder how much we are missing. Tonya pointed out to me that some signs have been fulfilled that I didn't know about like the moon turning into blood. President Hinckley said in October of 2001 in the talk "Living in the Fullness of Times" that "The era in which we live is the fulness of times spoken of in the scriptures, when God has brought together all of the elements of previous dispensations. From the day that He and His Beloved Son manifested themselves to the boy Joseph, there has been a tremendous cascade of enlightenment poured out upon the world. The hearts of men have turned to their fathers in fulfillment of the words of Malachi. The vision of Joel has been fulfilled wherein he declared:
"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
"And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
"And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
"The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come.
"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call" (Joel 2:28–32)."
So, this has already HAPPENED!!!! I even listened to this conference and missed the whole implications of what he said. It makes me wonder what else has come to pass that I have missed. Anyone else find something?

No comments: